/> Awaken Spirit | Find Your Inner Light: Spiritual Progression UA-45840438-1

Be soothed, inspired and instructed to live life in fulfilment of that Great Law—Love to God and Man

Search Spiritual Prozac's 9,743 posts—

10 August 2014

Spiritual Progression

We want to tell you how Harry is getting on. He went up with me to the bright country where our music master lives. Harry had an awfully hard time to manage with his eyes. Oh, it is so much lighter than any other light he had ever experienced, and so much more depressing. Why? Because I forced his entrance before he was properly fitted for it, and he experienced a shock when he took the first look into his own heart. I felt he was strong in his mind, and I was so very happy to have him with me, and so longed to get him to work that I let him take the plunge; though I knew what he hadn't learned, that the higher one rises here the more transparent [becomes] one's self-protecting veil of ignorance about oneself. I took the long chance, both because he wished it, and because I did. I never happened to be with anyone before when the light of self revelation broke over him. If I had I should have hesitated some time before running such a risk. Harry came through bravely, as I knew he would, but it was awful; awful in a way none of you there can realise. He went blind at first, and just crumpled up like a wilted flower. Truth is the most withering thing in the universe, and it requires the greatest courage to face the truth about oneself. No matter how humble we fancy ourselves, the discovery awaits us that we are more arrogant than anyone we ever met. When revelation comes it sets out every detail of our lives with a clean-cut distinctness no eyes can mistake, no charity cover. Each soul must face himself alone at some time; look, see, and judge. Then, however prostrated, rise and begin to fight his way up toward perfection, undaunted and fearless, with hope as well as courage.

Harry met his trial, faced it, and after the shock rose up with the courage that was always his. When he felt the light breaking his eyes closed, and for a while he felt sure he was blind for good and all, but I was near enough to reassure him, and his own strength did the rest. Now we are both students with the Master, Tee's brother. Harry will first play the piano until he can move up to the handling of tone colour. He has a most wonderful comprehension of the relation of things. His work with piano will lead him beside me, so we can do creative and experimental work together. It was for this we both agreed to risk his coming here so soon. Harry's love of his own is so strong he couldn't bear the idea of separation from me for so long. This work with the Master is of course only part of what we do. We belong to the band who follow the open field work, and we, like all of that band, respond to the common call for help. Harry is so delighted to be in it as he says, and is gaining poise so rapidly that life here is a constant delight in spite of the separation in a way from you. Now that we are really no longer apart we have very little to cloud our perfect happiness.

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment