/> Awaken Spirit | Find Your Inner Light: Hospitable Spirits UA-45840438-1

Be soothed, inspired and instructed to live life in fulfilment of that Great Law—Love to God and Man

Search Spiritual Prozac's 9,743 posts—

10 August 2014

Hospitable Spirits

Here we are, Sister, writes Helen. Harry wants me to write first, as he is too weak to push through the separating wall of neutral matter which lies between your plane and ours. Tell Mamma that when Harry left his body he was not at all aware he was gone until he saw me beside him instead of the doctor; and, too, he came through the dark belt in a few seconds, so was full of thoughts, and almost words he had been using there. The sight of my face startled him, and made him take himself to task for sleeping so soon after dinner. Then I laughed, and something about that giggle recalled his little boy memory of me. He smiled at me, saying: Am I really out of it at last, and is this Helen? Sister said last summer you would be on hand when I came over here. My, but you are good to look at. I had forgotten what fine eyes you had. I remember now, and that habit of wrinkling your nose when you laughed. It was that which opened up the door of memory, and that giggle. Well, I suppose it is up to us to renew our relationship. Put me wise to this deal.

Then he remembered Marie, and said: What will she do now, poor girl? She is about all in anyway, and now I have slid out of the game she will be not only all in, but heartbroken besides, for she loves me. How can I help her, Helen? So we both went into the room with her upstairs when she was having such an awful time about her sleep. Then we went into the West Parlour, and Harry  stood silent a long time beside his old body. Poor devil, he muttered, as he looked. What a thin old hulk it is! The marvel is how I managed the old machine so long. Then he stretched his arms up and out and smiled at the sense of power and health he felt, and said: Gee, Helen, isn't it just great to really live?When you all came in so sweetly time after time to speak to him we stood and the tears flowed at the sight of such love and devotion. He said: Helen, I wasn't worth all that; I couldn't have been. It's the sort of thing a saint ought to get, not a chap like me. He wanted to get into his old body just long enough to take you by the hand and thank you for it all. His face did reflect a bit of the love which welled up in his heart.

After it was all over, what a beautiful time we all did have with the music as we sat together. Sister felt us first, but all of you did before we left. Tee is very near to us both. His eyes almost see through, and his spirit is most beautiful; so is Papa's. You don't realise this now, but you will some day when he is all here, and can meet you as you come over, one by one. His is a hospitable spirit, and his will be the first to greet you after he is here. Harry and I can see that far ahead now.

Harry continues his letter. We stand here hand in hand, and it is good to have such a fine big sister to show me the ropes and help me to bear the separation from my own folks. You never can see or hear me when I sit among you and want to butt in on any little gab-fest you are having, nor can you realise how big and strong I look. I am rather struck on my looks. It is a long time since I looked like a real man, and I cannot help feeling fine over it. I cheer myself up, feeling my arms and legs, and finding them hard as ever they were. What gets my goat still is how I can feel so firm and hard and material, and yet sail right through the sitting room wall or closed door. It keeps me wondering at the marvels of nature, for of course it is as natural and customary here as walking upstairs is with you. This getting about game here has wireless skinned a million miles; it is so simple, seemingly, and so swift, and so altogether satisfactory. Yet I am the sub-freshman in a kindergarten class when it comes to really knowing anything about this place. I am too much interested in you all there to spend much time over the marvels here. They will keep, you won't, and I have a bit of sentiment about doing things over here with Papa in the party [Harry thought Papa would soon come over, and he wanted to wait to do things together with him]. No one has to hurry here; we have time to burn, or rather no time at all; just a sort of continuous performance. I see you are tired. Sister, so thanks, and au revoir.

Goodbye from Helen and Harry—partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment