Some said, Let him stay with us! Others said, No! let him go back to earth and fulfill his destiny. Aid us to restore to earth this wandering mortal.
I saw a green and yellow light fall upon my dead body, and I knew no more until I awoke in the form. I was cold and stiff, and could not move for a long time, but gradually warmth and feeling returned, and the next day I arose and told my astonished friends that I was going home.
Had I died people would pityingly have said, It was a horrible death, but really, I suffered very little.
I had often heard that in such a crisis as this, one's whole life passes in review before him, but had no such experience. The knowledge that I have faced death unflinchingly is not without satisfaction to me, and there is a something that I feel, which I cannot describe that assures me that there were more powerful influences than my own, aiding, comforting and sustaining me.
My religious friends will say It was the Good Father, and it matters not what we call it, the feeling is the same.
I do not feel of sufficient consequence to merit God's special providence, but that loving friends from the other sphere may have comforted and sustained me is not repugnant to my common sense, and does not lessen my idea of the goodness and greatness of the Creator.
—Albert Bennett Whiting
He passed through one of the multifarious stages of death, but was fortunately saved.

No comments:
Post a Comment