/> Awaken Spirit | Find Your Inner Light: Letters from Spirit UA-45840438-1

Be soothed, inspired and instructed to live life in fulfilment of that Great Law—Love to God and Man

Search Spiritual Prozac's 9,743 posts—

10 August 2014

Letters from Spirit

Hello Tee: What gets my goat is that I have to rest up like a chap running to catch a car when I try to do this stimt. Ordinarily I feel like a two-year-old, but not at this game. Cigarette, bully! Enjoy yourself, Tee. Hit it up. It won't hurt him a bit. Sister. Let the autograph drop. Me for a gab-fest with Tee. You obliterate yourself, see!

Say, Tee, this is the best ever. If I only had a pal! The place is so full of doings—new and mighty interesting in detail. I am rather lonely just now for a friend and brother like Tee there. Join me? Rats, old man! Cut that idea till you've had a square deal where you are. Sit tight. Don't let anybody shove you off your own dump. It is a bully good dump at that. If you can be game to the finish, no matter what stumps are placed in your path, you can be one of the elect here all right, and when you figure that this is on the big time you are not going to make any bad bluffs at sticking to your work. What's the use of a man loving anything if it is not worth following any longer than he gets a crack at it over on your side of the fence? We feel here that if a chap has the grit to stick to any old thing till he cashes in, he stands a pretty decent chance of having his heart satisfied. What's the odds, Tee, whether stock you wanted is going to succeed or peter out? It's a cinch you won't, anyway. Just believe your little brother Harry this much; you'll arrive O. K. there if it is in the cards. You have to tarry over a year, and if it is my good luck you join me here after that you will have no trouble getting all the work you want in this place.

Cheer up, Sister, he's not gone yet. Wet head! Dry up quick. You gum the game. Now, Tee, old man, take a brace, pull yourself up, and hit up the feed. Doc is too slow. Good old Doc, he did me many a fine turn, but he is slow. Shoot some genuine food at Tee, and see him blossom. Bacon, eggs, potatoes, and real meat; yes, steak. Gee, Tee, I sure hanker to take you out and tank you up a bit, as of yore. Remember how we hit it up that time you were here sick, at that grill joint, where the eggnog was so superb? I can't help a dim regret when I let my mundane mind dwell on such low pastimes. I sigh for them days once in a while here; not for the booze or cigarettes, but for the fine feeling which went with them. Just to sit and sodder, as it were, with the smoke curling upwards, and the thin glasses clinking with the ice, and the eyes of my brother shining with the love which outlives the body and the place and the time. I can feel that my time with you and Tee, is short; that the growing interest and feeling of inner strength will lure me further on. I too have a work. Don't know yet what it is, but I feel its grip in advance. No decent chap, no real man can loaf very long and keep his self-respect. I am marked for the labouring class. I see it coming.

Tee must cut out worry, fear, and discouragement, and believe in the dignity and use of what he has within to offer the public. He is on the right track to be able to continue here without breaking the thread as I had to do. Not business, but art is eternal, and goes right across the border called death. Thank God, you have had the sense to choose a real lasting work. Here I am, footloose, and at sea, with not an idea in my head as to a future. Had I only kept up my music or art I'd have had at least a start here. It's me for the employment bureau. Nothing doing. I've got to start at day labour under someone who has been wise elsewhere. If a chap could only know in advance what piffle he would land here with, only money in his hands, or rather in his head, and business methods! It's rest and a thinking part for his until he can get a line on some real work. I have a couple of rudiments [music and drawing], that's true, but they are so very small it's me for a teacher, muy pronto.

Helen has been bully. She is such a big fine woman, better than any of us. She has a wholesome way of cheering me up, so I feel I can trust her to put me wise and on the right track.

Yes, Sister, this may be my last spiel for a while, but take it from me, love and work are all that cut any real figure anywhere. Live if you can, earn as you must, but keep heart and soul and mind free of the taint which comes of money-getting as an end. It is too absorbing to allow the development of the art work which lasts. What can we do here with anything else? Just service and study, that's the whole deal. Work and love are two other terms for the same idea. Be happy, no matter how the game turns. Be sure of my hearty welcome when you too arrive. Don't hurry. You can work there and find the place here ready and waiting. Au revoir.

Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment